July 4, 2012
Right – more news about gigs – and not all of it great, I’m afraid. We’ve had to postpone our gig in Leamington Spa in August. We’re desperately disappointed to have to do this, but we didn’t really have an option. Leamington Spa was actually intended to be one of a pair of gigs – right next to a festival appearance in the South of England. However – due to the vagaries of councils and their rules and regulations, the festival itself got pulled. So, we were in a situation where we had to fly Alan over for a week of rehearsals and just one show, which didn’t make solid financial sense. It’s a tough financial environment out there, and it’s as tough for bands as it is for everyone else. We have to try and watch every penny, so we just couldn’t justify the expense. If it had been two shows, we could have balanced the figures a little better, but that’s life. The festival has expressed their apologies that they were unable to proceed this year – and they want us back next year. Similarly, the Leamington Spa promoters are equally disappointed that the gig can’t happen right now, but want to be a part of any future shows. As soon as we sort out that new schedule of shows, we’ll let you all know.
Connect with us via social media